Monday 26 March 2012

Chocolate, chocolate and chocolate cake

If there could ever be a cake that could give you Type 2 diabetes, this would be the cake! It is sooo sweet and sugary I love it!
Mum asked me to make a cake for another one of her friends/work colleagues and the criteria was to either make a mudcake or carrot cake. I for one, am not a big fan of mudcakes as they are too dense and use way to much butter (even though I wasn't going to eat the cake, it just didn't feel right using that much butter!). So I decided to make a carrot cake that wasn't full of sugar like most carrot cakes (unfortunately it was too late to take photos and the end product didn't look that pretty). As the carrot cake was not the biggest cake and there are a fair few people at Mum's work, I decided to make another cake.
As the birthday girl loves chocolate mudcake, (and I don't) I decided to go half-half. A very chocolatey cake it was going to be!!
The cake photos I have uploaded show a chocolate ganache covered cake with chocolate coated strawberries, but what you cannot see is that the 2 layers of chocolate sponge cake have chopped up lindt inside, inside the layer is a chocolate buttercream layered with chopped strawberries and melted chocolate and THEN the ganache on the outside of the cake, topped with chocolate coated strawberries.
 The smell of ganache is one of my favourite smells....I don't know if that sounds really creepy/weird but I wish it came in some sort of perfume so I could smell of chocolate & cream everyday

 Mmmmm chocolate coated strawberries

 Ugly presentation but Oh-So-Tasty!
P.S Sorry for the UGLY presentation, I didn't have my cake stand and it had to go back in the fridge for Mum to take to work tomorrow! Will definitely work on my presentation more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment